Entry-Level Social Media Assistant
Are you social? Do you use the newest apps? Are you organized? Then we want you!
Your Social Status is seeking a Social Media Assistant to help our team meet the needs of our clients through the strategic and fun social media marketing process.
WHO WE ARE: Your Social Status is a website, social media and internet marketing training and strategy company based out of Dayton, Ohio. Founded by Kate Evans in 2010, Your Social Status has been servicing the local areas of Dayton and Cincinnati, Ohio, as well as virtually supporting individuals and businesses across the nation!
Check our site for more details. www.yoursocialstatus.com
WHO YOU ARE: Our ideal candidate is a go-getter with an attitude that both works well with the team or can manage projects alone. We are fun and require that you are too! We will also throw you odd ball requests from time to time, so you need to go with the flow and understand that your job is all about managing expectations and working under a deadline. Social Media is fast paced, so you need to be too! What strengths you need to possess to be successful at this position? Creativity, Quick-thinking, Multi-task, see everything 5 steps ahead, organized, and you MUST love to learn and stay on top of new industry trends. Working as a part of our team, you are responsible for implementing the latest social media marketing initiatives, with the end goal of improving our clients’ brand awareness.
You will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Monitor and maintain the social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc., for Your Social Status and other clients.
- Assist with e-mail marketing campaigns, create and manage social media contests, blogging, and other marketing campaigns.
- Monitor and respond to all inquiries, reviews, and feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Execute day-to-day social media initiatives; including posting content and developing strategies to improve user engagement on our websites and drive action across all major channels to produce more leads
- Create and maintain a social media calendar for short-term viral initiatives and long-term brand campaigns
- Communicate via social media with customers (of Your Social Status & clients) on a daily basis.
- Review and analyze various content including microblogs, blogs, photos, videos, events, ratings and reviews; provide strategic and actionable recommendations on ways to optimize social media content.
- Perform competitor analysis to understand the appeal of other marketing efforts and social media approaches in the market.
- Set and measure progress towards web analytic goals to ensure an understanding of campaign and message effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An interest in social media, marketing, working with customers, being creative and finding new social media platforms is a must.
- Minimum 1 year direct Social Media Marketing experience with tangible results — at a digital agency is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Instagram as a platform: imagery, language, hashtags etc
- Very computer Savvy
- Possess a general understanding of web development
- Full understanding of customizations that can be done in all platforms
- Understanding social ad creation, market segmentation, and implementation
- Attention to detail, timeliness, and professionalism
- Excellent verbal, written, and people skills
- Enjoys writing
- Knowledge of current social media technologies, trends, and competition.
- Ability to design and manage social media marketing campaigns via various social media sources.
- Ability to adapt and meet changing priorities.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Mac, Adobe, Photoshop or Online Editors
- Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills preferred.
Our team has worked very hard to build up Incredible to what it is today, and we seek the right person to help us grow to the next level!
Position: Social Media Assistant
Employment Type: Part-time. We are looking for up to 20 hours per week with the possibility for more hours.
Job Type: Marketing, Business Development, Internet Marketing, Social Media
Education: Pursuing or obtained BS/BA in Marketing, Business, or related field. Experience, passion and creativity also counts! An interest in social media, website development, marketing, working with customers, being creative and finding new social media platforms is a must.
Experience: Experience working with social media and creating content is a must.
Industry: Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Business
Required Travel: None/Small Amount – Optional Client Meetings
Location: Centerville, OH & Work from Home